So I don’t know if you guys know about RAINN (given that you’re tumblr and you’re awesome, you probably do) but it’s an organization that supports and helps victims of sexual abuse.
Because abuse plays a part in my upcoming novel, Where the Stars Still Shine, I’m asking people to help me support RAINN by pre-ordering my book. For each pre-order I’m donating $5 to the organization and I really, really want to give them a lot of money.
What’s in it for you is threefold: First, you get a copy of my book. Heh. Second—and this is the really important part—you get the satisfaction of knowing that the money we give helps people. And third, I have prizes for you.
You can pre-order the book anywhere you want, email the receipt to email@example.com, and BAM! Not only will you be entered into the contest, but they’ll be keeping tally of my RAINN donation. And since the book comes out in ONE WEEK, you won’t even have to wait too long to read it.
I know there are some people who follow me for the photos—and I LOVE YOU—but if you’ve even briefly considered reading my book, now would be a great time to buy it.
COUNTDOWN TO COVER REVEAL DAY 7
Tomorrow we’ll be revealing the cover of WHERE THE STARS STILL SHINE at Making the Grade reviews and I can’t wait for you to see it!
But today, tumblr, I have a contest just for you. Seriously. I will not be tweeting about this. I will not be mentioning this contest on twitter or facebook. And only tumblr followers are eligible to win.
Here’s the prize:
(It’s a Greek bag I picked up in Tarpon Springs, which is the setting for WHERE THE STARS STILL SHINE, and there might just be a surprise or two inside.)
And here are the rules:
1. If you want to win, LIKE this post.
2. If you win, you have to be willing to give me your real name and snail mail address so I can send you the prize. (I know we can be an anonymous crowd here on tumblr, so don’t enter if that’s a problem).
3. I’ll be choosing a random winner (using random.org) at 9pm EST and the contest is open to international followers.
Good luck! And I hope to see you at Making the Grade tomorrow for the reveal!
UPDATE: Thanks to everyone who entered! The winner, chosen yesterday by random.org was thomasfinchmackee.
Harper interviews a reluctant Travis AND a chance to win an ARC of SOMETHING LIKE NORMAL at A Book Lovers Review.
Congratulations to A Man Da (@silvergirl41) who won the annotated ARC of SOMETHING LIKE NORMAL!
If you want a copy of the book, there are still three other ways to win.
So the other day I said there would be four ways you could win a copy of SOMETHING LIKE NORMAL. Today on her blog, YA author Nova Ren Suma posted an interview with me as part of her 2012 Summer Debut Author series. In addition to the interview, you can enter to win a pre-order of SOMETHING LIKE NORMAL. So
go do that now!
And to recap the four ways you can win:
1. GReads! 3. My website 4. Nova’s blog (see link above)
My birthday isn’t until Thursday, but we’re celebrating all week long with prizes for you. In fact, there are four ways you can win a copy of SOMETHING LIKE NORMAL.
1. Don’t forget that you have until April 30 to enter to win a pre-order copy of the book, along with a mix CD of the official playlist from Ginger at GReads!
2. I’ll be guest posting today on Why I Write at Tangled Up in Words, where you can enter to win a huge prize pack that includes a copy of SLN.
3. And from now until midnight on Thursday you can visit my website to enter for an annotated ARC of SOMETHING LIKE NORMAL, which includes margin notes about my favorite parts of the book, inspirations for characters, and other behind-the-scenes kind of things! Also, this contest is open to international entrants, so if you didn’t think you’d have a chance to get an ARC of SLN…you do now!
But wait, Trish. You said four!
And you’re right. But I can’t tell you about your fourth chance to win until Thursday. Because it’s secret. So sit tight. And what are you still doing here? Go enter to win!
Interview & Giveaway
Alli at Magnet4Books is celebrating her “blogoversary” by giving away a pre-order of Something Like Normal and asking me stuff. You might want to check it out.
And the winner is…
Goodreads user, JACI!
And to the other 715 of you who entered, thank you SO much for sharing my excitement about SOMETHING LIKE NORMAL. I’ll be doing another contest soon!
IT’S CONTEST TIME!
As a thank you to the 1,000 (One thousand?! Seriously, you guys, I am so honored that this many people are interested in my book. Just…THANK YOU!) goodreaders who have added SOMETHING LIKE NORMAL to their to-read list, I’m giving away an ARC on New Year’s Day. You can enter HERE!
(Or, you know, you’ll be able to enter after goodreads approves the giveaway. I am a dork.)
comment for a cause
So as I mentioned on Friday, I did an interview with Kari at A Good Addiction about SOMETHING LIKE NORMAL. And I’d love it if you read it. But what I’d like even more is, after you read it? Comment. For each comment we get, Kari and I will each donate a dollar to the Wounded Warrior Project up to $100. And one random commenter is going to win a set of signed Travis quote cards. What are you waiting for? Go read!
five things you can do with travis cards
1. Clip them to the spokes of your bike to make that cool clicking sound.
2. Use them as a toothpicks (when no one is looking).
3. Substitute them as throwing stars if you ever find yourself in a ninja fight.
4. Wallpaper your bedroom.
5. Win them.
On Sunday, Kari at A Good Addiction is going to be interviewing me. Fun times! In addition, for every comment we get, each of us will be donating a dollar (up to $100) to the Wounded Warrior Project. But that’s not all! One random commenter will get a set of signed Travis quote cards.
So mark it down on your calendar, k? Or, I can just remind you incessantly on twitter. Either way works for me.